Her full name is Shqiponja, she was born on NOVEMBER 8, 1981, she is married and has a son.
PONI is her childhood name, which was chosen to be also her stage name!
Driven by talent and desire to sing, she graduated from the music school “Naim Frasheri” in Vlora as a singer and in parallel has been engaged in artistic activities at the “Petro Marko” theater in Vlora.
The Vlora Song Festival was her first activity when she was still at school. Then, the doors of the music world would open, where with her voice she would attract the attention and the love of the public.
She worked for 2 years as a music teacher, where she did not just teach music lessons to the children, but she cultivated their love for the music in general and especially the folk songs of Laberia region in particular!
In parallel with her professional growth, ranking among the best singers in the Albanian-speaking areas, she studied and graduated on Political Sciences from the University “Marin Barleti”.
Her career counts 7 albums and hundreds of concerts, in country and abroad, such as: America, Australia, Italy, Greece, Germany, France, Norway, etc.
Prizes and Awards
that she has received, have marked her success as a professional singer:
Author of 20 lyrics
Including the music for some of the songs:
- Exile, oh mother (Kurbeti moj neno)
- Will get a boy from Laberia (Do marr djale nga Laberia)
- Laberi, oh Laberi (Laberi moj Laberi)
- I try and try (Jap e jap)
- Opa opa
- Beloved (Xhan xhan)
- Vlora’s diamond (Diamanti i Vlores)
- Come and take me (Eja me merr)
- Welcome (Mire se vjen)
- Will get it from Vlora (Ja e marr nga Vlora)
- Polyphony (Polifonia)
- I am from Laberia (Une jam nga Laberia)
- Wait, wait (Dale Dale) (with 2-Step)
- Be bold (Beja fora)
- Americano (with 2-Step)
- You gave me the name Mother (Me dhe emrin nene)
The album entitled “Love of Laberia” (Dashuria labe)
The album entitled “Love of Laberia” (Dashuria labe) was released in 2006. This album contained 8 rearranged songs from Laberia region. The songs mostly liked by the public, which were then accompanied by video clips, were:
In December of the same year, a single is released: “Wait for me” (Pritem o) (folk song from Laberia region).
The album entitled “I have my soul on you” (Shpirtin kam tek ju)
The album entitled “I have my soul on you” (Shpirtin kam tek ju) was released in 2008. This album contained 8 songs and 4 video clips. All these were new creations, where for most of them, PONI is also the author of the text. This album was accompanied by 4 video clips:
Highly loved songs by the public!
During her artistic activity, a series of successful collaborations with some well-known artists stand out:
- Ermal Fejzullahu, for the song “Lost your mind” (E le);
- Shyhrete Behluli, for the song “We are one” (Jemi nje) (on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of Independence);
- Dr. Flori, for the song “Divided” (Te ndare);
- Artiola Toska, for the single “Speak Albanian” (Fol shqip);
- Shkumbin Ismaili, for the ballad “I do not forgive you” (Nuk ta fal);
- Altin Sulku, for the song “Curls” (Kacurrelat);
- 2Step, for song “Wait, wait” (Dale Dale) and Americano;
- Irkens Hyka, for the song “Old Love” (Dashni e vjeter) (2018);
- Gold AG feat.Poni & Hekuran Krasniqi: “Cameri, wait for me” (Me prit, Cameri);
- Vaske Curri, Two collages;
- Young Zerka
- Ylli Bajrami: Collage 2021